What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that increases the size of the breasts and helps restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy, helping the patient to achieve a more rounded breast shape and improve the natural breast size asymmetry.
Breast augmentation is the single most popular plastic surgery operation chosen by women. Breast augmentation can create beautiful breasts that can enhance and restore balance to your figure and increase your self-confidence.
Women decide to have an augmentation procedure for several different reasons:
- You’re unhappy with the current size, shape, or symmetry of your breasts.
- Your breasts are underdeveloped and not proportionate to your body.
- Breastfeeding has caused some changes.
- Age and gravity have taken a toll on your breasts.
- You’ve experienced significant weight loss.
What breast augmentation surgery can do
Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
Improve the balance of breast and hip contours
Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
5 of the most common benefits of a breast augmentation procedure are:
- Added Volume and Curves
- Even Out Naturally Asymmetrical Breasts
- Restore Breasts After Pregnancy and Aging
- Rebuild Breasts After a Mastectomy
- Increase Self-Confidence
Who is a good candidate for breast augmentation?
You may be a candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You are physically healthy and you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss or with aging
- You are unhappy with the upper part of your breast appearing “empty”
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally or have an elongated shape
Breast Augmentation Procedure
A breast augmentation procedure includes the following steps:
- Inserting and placing the breast implant
- Closing the incisions
- See the results
Breast Augmentation Recovery
During your breast augmentation recovery, your breasts will be wrapped in gauze dressings and an elastic bandage or support bra will minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal.
Immediately after surgery, you will be taken into a recovery area for close monitoring. You may be permitted to go home when you are stable for discharge, typically after an hour or so.
Before leaving, you will be given specific postoperative instructions for your breast implant recovery and a follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon. You may also receive medications or a prescription, but many plastic surgeons prescribe postoperative medications in advance. Your prescribed medications may include pain pills and an antibiotic to prevent infection.
Wear your support garment (a bra or elastic band, called a bandeau) around the clock as instructed by your plastic surgeon. Some surgeons may ask patients cleanse the incision sites and apply ointment, while others will ask their patients to keep tape or a bandage on. Instructions vary, so it’s important to follow all your plastic surgeon’s directions carefully.
Because it is possible to bleed into the pockets around the breast implants for the first several days, take it easy until you have permission to increase your activity level. Acute pain typically subsides after one to five days, but you may experience soreness and swelling for a few weeks. Resume exercise and normal activity according to your plastic surgeon’s directions.
La Mar Aesthetic Surgery Centre offers high tech medical technology and beauty treatments in a relaxed environment, where patient safety, privacy, and comfort are our top priority. La Mar offers the latest Breast Augmentation procedures in our State-of-the-Art Aesthetic Clinic in Dubai.Request More Information
For more information about La Mar’s Breast Augmentation procedures in Dubai, call now 04 23 5555 1 or contact us using the form below: