Gynecomastia (chest enlargement in men): This is a very common problem in today’s modern life, with an extremely embarrassing appearance. Many factors contribute to it, but overweight and certain hormonal changes in puberty are the most common ones. The problem often can be in the enlargement of chest glands, which cannot be solved with any type of dieting or exercise, so surgical removal of the glands is the only solution. This does not affect the body in any negative way, as these glands have no vital function in men. It is safe and with very short and easy going recovery.
What is gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
In severe cases of gynecomastia, the weight of excess breast tissue may cause the breasts to sag and stretch the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple). In these cases, the position and size of the areola can be surgically improved and excess skin may be reduced.
Plastic surgery to correct gynecomastia is technically called reduction mammaplasty.
Who is a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery candidates include:
- Men whose condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Nonsmokers and non-drug users
- Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
- Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
- Men who have realistic expectations
- Men whose breast development has stabilized
- Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
- Adolescents may benefit from surgery, although secondary procedures may be needed in the future should breast development continue.
La Mar Aesthetic Surgery Centre offers high tech medical technology and beauty treatments in a relaxed environment, where patient safety, privacy, and comfort are our top priority. La Mar offers the latest Gynecomastia Surgery procedures in our State-of-the-Art Aesthetic Clinic in Dubai.Request More Information
For more information about La Mar’s Gynecomastia Surgery procedures in Dubai, call now 04 23 5555 1 or contact us using the form below: